Thursday, October 3, 2013

After the War

Since the war, I'm proud to know that I survived and fought off hard enemies. Unfortunately, my wife Creusa wasn't so lucky. However, my son, Ascanius and I were able to escape. I lead a group of refugees across the Mediterranean to Italy, who are now known as the Aeneads. Here I became the mythical founder of Rome. But before I even made it to Italy, we were cast ashore near Carthage (a north African city). This is where I met Dido and she showed us great hospitality. Dido was they city's founder and queen. We had a love affair that lasted for a while, but I received a reminder from Mercury that I was being distracted from my true destiny to Italy. So I decided to choose my duty over love. Dido didn't take this very well but I know I made the right decision.



Aineias and Dido
Image from: http://cultured.com/image/4829/Pierre_Lacour_Aeneas_and_Dido/#.Uk3KsL0o6vE

No comments:

Post a Comment